Wednesday, 20 March 2013

Why Blog?

Veganism and vegetarianism are two topics getting a lot of attention these days. People are becoming so much more engaged and aware of what goes into their bodies, and how our choices affect ourselves, each other and the earth.

It's no longer possible to avoid addressing the systemic health problems running rampant throughout most of the world: obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, anxiety, stress...

Many of these issues are treatable and even preventable with a focus on healing the whole body through proper nutritional and lifestyle choices. It's time for a change, and people are finally realizing that pursuing a meat-free diet is not as radical and unorthodox as was once thought.

There are literally thousands of websites and online resources covering every plant-based topic under the sun. The wealth of information available with a simple Google search of the word "vegan" is mind-blowing.

With that in mind, you may be wondering, "Why do we need another vegan blog?"

Or maybe even more importantly, "Why should I read your vegan blog?"

The answer to both questions is simple. I have things to say and ideas to share. I'm an information junkie and love both learning and teaching. I'm passionate about veganism and love helping people open doors toward a healthier life.

A blog gives me the opportunity to speak openly about the issues that concern and inspire me, and allows me to participate in the information flow within the vegan community in a proactive way.

I have no intentions of reinventing the wheel, but I know my content and approach are unique. The Essential Vegan will be an amalgamation of topics I love to think, read and learn about every day - it's a kind of written record of my internal monologue.

Come have a look inside my mind - there's lots of great stuff in here!